What Do We Value?
- the Bible which tells us all we need to know about how to have a relationship with God, who made us. Because of this we want to teach the Bible in an interesting, relevant and practical way to people of all age groups and circumstances.
- the fact the Bible always points us to Jesus Christ as the rescuer of humankind and our example for living. Because of this we give special attention to his death on the cross in our place and to his resurrection.
- the work of the Holy Spirit who gives power to the followers of Jesus, helping them to live in a way that pleases God and to serve other people. Because of this, we are passionately seeking to learn more about the Holy Spirit and ministering in his power.
- prayer and praise as central to a believer's life and the life of our churches. Because of this, we look for ways to make prayer and praise creative, exciting and accessible to people of all age groups and circumstances.
- Jesus' instruction to believers to love each other. Because of this, we look for ways to encourage, build-up and support believers of all ages, especially using small groups as an important part of this.
- Jesus' instruction to believers to love those who are not yet believers. Because of this, we look for ways to show compassion to the community and make unconditional friendships with people.
- meeting together on Sundays as God's special day. Because of this, we want our gatherings to be inspiring, challenging and enjoyable for believers of all ages, and those who are seeking to find out more about God.
- Jesus' instruction to believers to tell the world about him. Because of this we look for ways of sharing with our community, we support those who have gone to other places, we always have a group available for people who want to know more about the Kingdom of God
- facilities which are welcoming and comfortable for all. Because of this we wish to provide a warm welcome to all who visit us and improve our buildings accordingly us.
- friendships with other churches who share these values. Because of this, we look for opportunities to share with believers from other churches
Our churches and our town
Find out about St James' and St Luke's Churches and the town of Glossop here